Archive

marzo 2013
abril 2013
mayo 2013
junio 2013
julio 2013
septiembre 2013
noviembre 2013
diciembre 2013
Links

Alejandra
Andrea
Camila
Carla
Catalina
Cony
Daniela
Diego O.
Diego V.
Elizabeth
Ernesto
Francisca
Josefa
José
Matías
Miguel
Natalia
Paula M.
Paula S.
Pedro
Scarlett
Simon
Tomás
Yanko


Chocolate From a Shop
Hi classmates. Today I'm going to write about a building that I like.

In spite of being studying Architecture, I don't have a favourite building. In fact, I prefer any little house of Cabbagetown (in Toronto, Canada), which is a neighbourhood with the largest continuous area of preserved Victorian housing in all of North America.

So... I'll write about a building that is worth visiting. It's the Oriental Pearl Tower, in Pudong district, Shanghai, China. I suppose that some of you know about this building.


I like this building because it's an architectural icon of China. It is a 468 meters high TV tower, and it has 15 observatory levels (the highest one is at 350 meters). In addition, there are 2 restaurants (one of them with privileged views over the city), many souvenir shops, and the Shanghai History Museum on the first floor.

Here I am in a transparent platform, at 259 meters.

I went to the Oriental Pearl Tower in February 2010, but I think I saw it for the first time when I was perhaps 5 years-old, I don't remember. I often traveled to Shanghai because my grandparents lived there, so maybe I passed through there with my family more than once when I was a child.

The tower blends very well with the surrounding architecture, because there're two nearby buildings that are prestigious and widely recognized; the Shanghai World Financial Center, and the Jin Mao Tower. In that sense, the people of Shanghai and China are proud to have those famous constructions.

The beautiful night landscapes.

The ticket costs 150 Chinese Yuans (around 12,000 Chilean Pesos), and includes the entrance fee, the Shanghai Municipal History Museum and the 3 spheres' observatories.

Here is the webpage of the Oriental Pearl Tower: http://www.orientalpearltower.com/en
I hope you can visit it someday, it would be a great experience!
viernes, 28 de junio de 2013, 2:45

Posted by Wai Yan - 2 comments»

Blogger Unknown, at 3 de julio de 2013 a las 13:10  

The photograph with the transparent platform is great, I never have seen something like that in a building. Regards.

Blogger Unknown, at 4 de julio de 2013 a las 1:08  

That transparent floor is sick, i could never never never put a feet on that floor, scary...

Publicar un comentario



Go to older posts - Go to newer posts