Hello classmates. Today I'm going to comment on the video "Do Schools Kill Creativity?" by Ken Robinson.
I'm a very neutral person, and I usually don't criticize the ways of thinking... So I don't think that schools kill creativity. I believe we can be very creative, and avoid being inventive in the subjects that should keep our head cool, like mathematics.
From my personal experience, I think I've always been an artistic person, and I used to draw in classes (and I still do so!) because I get inspired easily (hahaha). However, I was also responsible and I worried about pay attention to the lesson (I wasn't a bad student, honestly. Haha).
It was the same with my group of friends. One of my best friends is a melomaniac (in the good sense of the word), and she could not stop hearing music all day, even in middle of classes, but she was excellent in maths and history too. So, I think that being artistic/creative is compatible with school, and it depends of the school's education system and the children's ability to do two things at once.
And here is a video I like. It's a compilation of Japanese Fanta's TV commercials (haha). I saw it the first time a few years ago, and it's very funny for me.
In some ways, these Fanta spots contrast with the speech of Ken Robinson. I mean, there're serious students versus "creative" teachers.
Most of the Asian (especifically Chinese, Japanese and Korean) students prefer to learn mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics or history in classes (obviously pressured by their parents from birth, which make them to have a guilty conscience if they don't worry about the traditional subjects), but they can let their creativity fly during extracurricular activities (like sculpture, painting, music, cooking, housekeeping, sports, etc).


Publicar un comentario