Hi everyone! This week as a free post, I'm going to write about some movies that I've enjoyed.
I'll start with Disney's "Sleeping Beauty". As you know, it's a 1959 American animated fantasy film based on the fairy tale "La Belle au Bois Dormant" by Charles Perrault. What I like about this film are the icy colours, the design and the style of the backgrounds, which are very unique and interesting.
![]() |
| "Sleeping Beauty" - Aurora dancing in the forest. |
The second film I'll present to you is "5 Centimeters Per Second" ("Byōsoku Go Senchimētoru"), a 2007 Japanese animated film by Makoto Shinkai. The story is about a boy (Takaki) and a girl (Akari), who are two very close friends in elementary school. Their relationship is tested when she moves to another city because of her parents' jobs. Both of them struggle to keep their friendship alive, as time and distance slowly pulls them apart. When Takaki finds out that he is moving further away, he decides to visit Akari one last time.
If you like distant love stories, amazing pictures and heartbreaking music, you should watch "5 Centimeters Per Second".
Here is a short trailer:
The third film I'm going to write about is "The Bridges of Madison County", a 1995 romantic drama film based on the novel of the same name by Robert James Waller, and directed by Clint Eastwood. This movie is about an Iowa housewife named Francesca Johnson (featuring Maryl Streep), who had a four-day affair with Robert Kincaid (performed by Clint Eastwood), a National Geographic photographer, while her husband and children were out of town. Both fall in love, but Francesca has to chose between her family or the man who made her truly happy.
This is the story of a special love that happens just once in a lifetime.
Here are some final scenes of "The Bridges of Madison County" (Spoiler alert!) :
I always cry a lot watching this part of the movie. It's as if the film told you: "Dear audience, please cry me a river, now!" (haha)
I hope you've enjoyed any of these movies as I did.



Publicar un comentario