Archive

marzo 2013
abril 2013
mayo 2013
junio 2013
julio 2013
septiembre 2013
noviembre 2013
diciembre 2013
Links

Alejandra
Andrea
Camila
Carla
Catalina
Cony
Daniela
Diego O.
Diego V.
Elizabeth
Ernesto
Francisca
Josefa
José
Matías
Miguel
Natalia
Paula M.
Paula S.
Pedro
Scarlett
Simon
Tomás
Yanko


Chocolate From a Shop

Hello everyone. Today I want to share one of my ambitions with you.
I have always wanted to be an illustrator of children's stories, but it doesn't matter if I don't fulfill this wish... It's just a fantasy, a whim I've had since I was in primary school. 


As you know from my last post, I love short stories and fairy tales, and I've always enjoyed them. When I read these tales it's hard to not imagine the characters, then I feel inspired and I just draw them. 

When I was a schoolgirl, I spent a lot of time in the library, helping the librarian. And she liked my drawings, so she drove me to participate in contests, specifically in Providencia's Book Fair contests, illustrating poems books. But after two or three years, I never participated again. The reason was that I got the fourth place, and this really, really hurt me (because I know, I was sure that my illustration deserved the first prize! Sorry, I'm not so humble on the subject of Providencia's Book Fair contest). 

After this episode, I decided to keep my drawings for myself, as something very personal... But if I had the chance, I would try to work for a publishing company.


Here is a drawing of mine, inspired in "The Little Mermaid". 



Tormont Publications, a publishing house located in Montreal, Canada, has got an excellent illustrator named Zapp. His/her pictures were my favourite when I was a child (my mother bought me a Tormont's fairy tales collection when I was 6 years-old, in Hong Kong!). Here are some of his/her drawings.

"Beauty and the Beast"
"Cinderella"

"The Frog Prince"
"Puss in Boots"

"The Ugly Duckling"
"The Sleeping Beauty"
lunes, 15 de abril de 2013, 5:19

Posted by Wai Yan - 2 comments»

Blogger Unknown, at 20 de abril de 2013 a las 19:02  

Woaa! Your ambition (I think) it is quite beautiful. Maybe it not soooo hard to fulfill. Well, when we are studying something different it's hard, cannot deny it; but, I hope you try to talk with your friends or people who like writing, show your art...
You could reach a big project c:

*I was so excited from see those books, once I had some of them* nice memories.

Wish U luck!

Blogger Matias, at 25 de abril de 2013 a las 2:06  

It is a great ambition and a beautiful hobbie I also like to draw. Nice mermaid :)

Publicar un comentario



Go to older posts - Go to newer posts