Archive

marzo 2013
abril 2013
mayo 2013
junio 2013
julio 2013
septiembre 2013
noviembre 2013
diciembre 2013
Links

Alejandra
Andrea
Camila
Carla
Catalina
Cony
Daniela
Diego O.
Diego V.
Elizabeth
Ernesto
Francisca
Josefa
José
Matías
Miguel
Natalia
Paula M.
Paula S.
Pedro
Scarlett
Simon
Tomás
Yanko


Chocolate From a Shop
Hello English classmates.
Today I'm going to write about a famous person I'd like to meet.

Portrait of Queen Victoria
by Franz Xaver Winterhalter (1844 ~1845).

If I could travel back in time (and in space), I would love to meet Queen Victoria of United Kingdom, because of all the issues about the Victorian Era.

Victoria became queen in 1837, aged 18, and married at the age of 21 with her cousin, the Prince Albert (the tradition of white wedding dress became more popular after Victoria wore white bridal gowns). Both were besotted by each other. They had 9 children (!!), so she was nicknamed "the grandmother of Europe".
When Albert died (in 1861), Victoria entered a state of mourning and wore black for the remainder of her life.

"The Marriage of Queen Victoria" by George Hayter (1840 ~1842).

It would be wonderful to ride in horse carriage and contemplate all the London Victorian houses at the peak of their splendour with Queen Victoria. I'd love to go to the opening of the Crystal Palace with her and her husband and get a portrait of us together.
It would be interesting to ask her opinion about Jack the Ripper and her suspects.
And to finish the day, I'd like to share a "five o'clock tea" (haha) with her family in Buckingham Palace, talking about love.

"Family of Queen Victoria" by Franz Xaver Winterhalter (1846).
miércoles, 12 de junio de 2013, 4:30

Posted by Wai Yan - 5 comments»

Blogger Unknown, at 12 de junio de 2013 a las 23:17  

Waaao! I should have think about a historical person, like Joan of Arc, amazing, history is the best! :D

Blogger Unknown, at 12 de junio de 2013 a las 23:37  

Nine children, I can not believe it (terrific XD), but it is a beautiful picture of her family.

Blogger Simon, at 13 de junio de 2013 a las 11:11  

My mum also had 9 children:)

Blogger Simon, at 15 de junio de 2013 a las 12:14  

Sorry, I left the presentation marks in the office. I'll publish them on Monday.

Blogger Yanko, at 23 de junio de 2013 a las 21:14  

She married her cousin?! that's so freaky for me. I don't know if that was normal in the 1800-1900s

Publicar un comentario



Go to older posts - Go to newer posts